Saturday, August 27, 2011

In preparation (for Hurricane Irene & school)

I’ve been crazy busy this past week, getting things done in my classroom. It’s coming along… but I knew things were going to smoothly. Hurricane Irene is headed our way, and my biggest worry is that I won’t be able to get back into my classroom on Monday. :x Don’t get me wrong, we’ve made all the necessary preparations… and luckily I don’t live by the shore so it shouldn’t be too bad. But you never know.

To give you a peek into my room, here is my favorite space:

DSC01403

That’s the front of my classroom and part of my library area.

Here’s some of my displays… I’ve been heavily influenced by AMAZING finds of other blogs and pinterest!

DSC01394

My decoding strategies posters. I just need to add the beanie babies. :)

DSC01402

DSC01390

My focus wall. I attached magnets to the back of each card and put them on a white board. (The font used is DJ Chunky from DJ Inkers).

DSC01401

My math board (for displaying anchor charts).

DSC01395

My reading & writing board (for displaying anchor charts).

DSC01400

DSC01385

My writing board. When this picture was taken, I hadn’t added the title yet. It’s “We’re Wild About Writing”. I’ll post an updated pic ASAP.

DSC01398

I’m going to use this area to display student work. It’s layered construction paper (laminated) and Lakeshore Clips.

DSC01372

Here’s a close-up of the birds I made from scrap book paper. I totally took this idea from Ms. Leslie Ann’s blog, Life in First Grade. Check her blog out- she has amazing ideas!

Here are a few other things I made, inspired by internet findings:

DSC01369

"BEE-havior Bees”, again inspired by Life in First Grade.

DSC01384

My writing process poster. I'’ve labeled clothespins with my students’ names, and they will simply move their pin to keep track of what stage they are working on. This was inspired by Juice Boxes and Crayolas.

DSC01383

My behavior poster. Again, will be used with clothespins. I didn’t include spaces to move up because I already have a TON of positive reinforcement strategies already in place and I simply wanted this poster to use for consequences. Last year I used a traffic light and magnets… which was rarely touched, thankfully! Let’s hope it’s the same thing this year! This was inspired by A Day in the Life of a 2nd Grade Teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment